Thursday, April 23, 2009
Mr. Janney's "Punctuality Motto"
"Early is on-time, on-time is late, and late is never acceptable."
Remember this, as it will serve you well in life!
Student breakfast is also served from 7:15 a.m. until 7:45 a.m. and cost $1.00 each.
Our lunch break is from 11:00 a.m. until 11:45 a.m. and student lunches are $1.50 each.
Parents are always welcome, but you must show identification in the office and be issued a pass by the receptionist. Parent lunches are $2.50 each and must be paid in cash.
Please send a signed excuse back with your child if they are absent. More than 10 absences within a semester require a parent - teacher conference.
1) Eat a healthy diet and get plenty of sleep, so your minds and bodies will reach their full potential.
2) Be prepared for class by having your textbook, pencils, notebooks, and completed assignments packed and ready to go in the morning, so you will be on-time and ready to learn.
3) Our mission is to explore learning through investigative and scientific means; to discover the key information that we need to solve yet another challenge along our journey to success.
4) Conduct "good" research! Look for answers to the essential questions in your unit.
5) Cite your sources! It's okay to quote other sources, but we must cite them in our reference page, in proper APA style (which I will explain to you.)
Dear Parents / Caretakers:
Welcome to Mr. Janney’s 5th grade class! Our class will explore a wide variety of topics that are based upon the required Georgia Standards, but will be explored in an active learning environment using a wide variety of teaching strategies designed to give students all the tools necessary for them to succeed. We will also be integrating technology in our classroom through instruction with a SmartBoard (electronic “white board” with multimedia capabilities), webquests via internet research, and graphic organizers in order for all students to become familiar with 21st century technology that they will need in the “real world” one day. This wiki page has been created to keep both parents and students informed as well as provide an easy way for students, parents and caretakers to communicate with me. I can also be reached via email at email@example.com